Monday 28 January 2013

Final Draft Of The Poster



This is the final design I have created for my poster. I have made a few changes to the previous one;

1) I have changed the date. I noticed that some films chose a release date that had connotations of horror,evil and the devil. This is why i have chosen the date 'June 6' because of the superstition around the number '6' and evil.

2) I have moved the 'bloody mary' caption further down the page, I felt as though it was distracting from the image and made it lose its effect.

3) I have changed the typeface for the Times magazine reccomendation, this was so that the font was coherant in both the poster and trailer. Adding to its over all effect and making it look more professional and 'put together'.

4) Upon comparing my own poster to that of real-life posters, I realised that they often provided information about actors, copy right and the directer at the bottom of the page in an extremely small font. I have added this so that it looks as professional as possible. Also, if the film included famous actors it would then appeal more to the audience. This resulted in me having to move the '18' certificate to the top of the page.

Overall, I feel that the movie poster I have created is effective. It include generic features used to attract the audience and create the connotations of a typical horror. I have included a coherant colour scheme which features red,black and white. This is typical of a horror poster. In addition i have chosen one large image rather than 2 smaller images, I feel that this is more effective in attracting attention and making the film seem appealing. This is supported by the brief questionaire I created that asked the target audience which of the three versions they prefered. The recomendation at the top of the page, enhances the films reputation, posters will often show a recomendation from a well known source to appeal to their target audience. The dont I have used would perhaps be seen more commonly in horror films form the 70/80's. Although this font may be percieved as 'cheesy' nowadays, I used it because the links to fonts from the 70/80's will remind older viewers of their own experiences when they were younger of this urban legend. Thus making the poster appeal and relate to a wider target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment