Thursday 18 October 2012

Digital Technology Going To Use

In order to create my trailer, it is important that i reflect upon the technologies I am going to use and that I have already started to use. This will help me to plan the project, and help me realise if there is anything I should change. It is important that I make a comparison between the pro's and con's of the technologies. 


Blogger

 The most obvious piece of technology that I am going to be using is the internet blogging site 'Blogger'. Using this piece of software has allowed me to show my research and reflect upon my idea as the course has progressed. As i used this technology in my As course as well, it has enabled me to understand the site, and carry out new tasks as I have learned more. 

PRO's
  •   The software is easy to use as i have already had a years experience with it in my AS course.
  • It has enabled me to make a comparison of my work as time has gone on.
  • It is easier for me to edit a post and add more information to it than using something like pen and paper. 
  • I am able to use it at home.
CON's
  • If the internet is down then I will be unable to access and continue with my work.
  • It is sometime frustrating as it is hard to move images around posts.


 Apple Mac


As my school is lucky enough to have Apple Macs, this is the main type of computer that I have been working on. I have used it to carry out various tasks, from using the internet to creating mood boards. Again, I have also worked from this type of computer in my AS course. 

PRO's
  •  The computers have extremely good software such as 'Final Cut Pro', this will be extremely useful when editing my movie.
  • These computers are really fast compared to the ones i have at home. 

CON's
  • A massive problem is that if i start a piece of work on these computers, on order to finish it i will have to go back to the same computer. This sometime proves difficult if someone else is also using it. 
  • Another is that I am unable to send work home because the software on this computer isn't compatible to the computer i have at home. 

Panasonic HDC Video Camera

When it comes to filming my trailer I will be using one of the video cameras that the school provide as i do not have one at home. This will be a new challenge as I focused on still picture in my AS course. 

PRO's
  • It will allow me to create the videos for my trailer & watch them back. 
CON's 
  • Unfortunately the camera's provided have been with the school for some time, and as technology advances so quickly, the cameras have become dated. This means I will have to ensure the editing is of a high standard.
  • Low resolution. 



    You Tube 

A considerable amount of my research has been carried out through youtube. It has enabled me to watch so many film trailers that have compared. In addition to this it allowed me to watch the movie 'Candy Man' in parts. 


PRO's
  • This year, being able to access youtube has helped so much, while i was doing my AS course the school server had blocked it. 
  • It gives me access to thousands of videos about horror films. 
  • Blogger allows me to embed youtube videos so that others can watch what i have. 
CON's
  • On occasion I have watched videos and been unsure as to whether they actually are 'official' or not, there is no form of verification. 


Final Cut Pro 

I have not used this piece of software yet, so i am a bit unsure as to what i should expect. It will allow me to edit my videos, and create the desired effects of a trailer. 

PRO's
  • It will allow me to edit my trailer to an extremely high standard, this piece of software is even used by professionals. 

CON's
  • I will have to carry out all editing on the same mac, as my work will only be saved to one. 
  • I will be unable to send work home. 
  • As this piece of technology is so advanced it may prove hard for me to use. 

Other pieces of software i have used on occasion include things like:
  • Google
  • Pages
  • Various websites that list the 'best' horror films. 
  • A digital camera

No comments:

Post a Comment