Monday 17 December 2012

Investigating possible backing track ideas for my trailer

1) Moonlight Sonata - Beethoven 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQVeaIHWWck

I am interested in using this as the backing track to my trailer as it is a stereotypical characteristic of a psychological horror due to the fact that it is classical music.
I think that it would work due to the slow pace and use of piano keys, it sounds negative and depressing. This would work well with the idea that the young girls life is being ruined but would also juxtapose the fast editing that I have created. This particular piece of music reminds me of the track used in 'The orphan'. However, I am worried that the music will become boring as it doesn't change pace. 

2) Linkin Park - Numb (piano cover)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGDPKQPZwIo

I really like the sound of a piano as the backing track of a trailer. I think its extremely effective in reflecting the mood and tone i want to be felt when watching the trailer. However i do feel that the  song doesn't pick up the pace fast enough to fit in with the editing of clips. 

3) Linkin Park - Numb (Orchestral cover)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQFMZejHqx4
I am thinking about using this version of the song cover for my trailer, the instruments work
a lot better with the editing of the clips and i feel that it would have more of an impact on the viewer than just the piano. My only worry is that the song tune may be too well known and distract from what is being shown on screen

As i was unsure of whether to use my choice of 'Linkin Park -Numb Orchestral Cover' I decided to ask my peers whether they thought the song would distract the audience.
I found that:
"It works well"                            %
"It will distract the audience" %

No comments:

Post a Comment