Friday 23 November 2012

Recce

These are some photos i have taken of locations which are going to be involved in my trailer. Taking these has made me consider and properly think about the effects and connotations of these locations. Most of the trailer will be set in my house, this means that the setting will be easily accessible and it will be easy for me to be able to analyse the composition of each location. 



This is a shot of my house, where most of the filming will take place. It will also be involved in being the 'establishing shot' at the start of the trailer. I decided to film at home due to the fact that most horror trailers are relateable to the viewer, in particular modern ones, which are often filmed in locations that the viewer will spend time at.



These are images of various mirrors inside my house, these will be particularly important due to the storyline being based around an urban legend revolving around the mirror. I will need to think alot about how I am going to film the clip of the girls saying Bloody Mary in the mirror, if i dont get it right I think that it will make the clip seem ammateur and unbelievable. I will also have to think about lighting as the quality of the videos will be reduced if i filmed into a mirror.
This is an image of the staircase inside my house. It may seem like a strange place to film but I think I have had a good idea of a scene inspired by The Exorsist. I think that using this as a location would only work best if i showed a short clip, if the clip was too long the viewer may find the location boring. I also have to consider the lighting in this setting due to the fact that it is quite a dark part of my house, and there is no natural light there.
 Long dark hallways are a stereotypical setting for a psychological horror. I think the hallway in my house will be a great setting due to the fact that there are so many doors, it will be a good location to make the viewer jump by Bloody Mary jumping out. Again, lighting may be an issue with this location.
This is where i would like to film the scene where the victim wakes up to find Bloody Mary at the end of her bed. Composition may be an issue as i will have to think about where to position the camera in order to include both the villain & victim in the same shot. Also, a pink duvet cover isnt exactly iconic of a horror trailer, so i will have to either change it to a darker colour or edit the clip.
I aim to use this setting in various ways, for example conversations between characters. I also want to use it in a clip where I film from outside looking in. I think that it will take alot of practise but the end result will look good.


No comments:

Post a Comment