Wednesday 21 November 2012

Casting

Casting
I had to take a lot of time to consider who to ask to be in my trailer. I needed the actors to fit in with the roles I'd pictured and take the work i was doing seriously. 

Bloody Mary - Audrey Corben 
I decided to use Audrey as Bloody Mary because she had long, dark hair much like the images I have seen of 'Bloody Mary' online. With her hair and makeup done she looks much like the stereotypical image of a 'crazy' woman. She reminds me of the actress Helen Bonham-Carter. 

The Victim - Georgie Crotty
Georgie is exactly what i imagined the victim to be like. She is pale with blonde hair and big eyes, these are typical conventions that you would expect to see in a horror movie victim. I think that because she looks so innocent, it will provoke more of a reaction from the audience.

I have deliberately picked the victim and the villain so that their images juxtapose each other. Georgie's (the victims) image has connotations of youth and innocence, whereas the image i've created for Audrey (the villain) has connotations of evil and negativity. 

Victims Friends - Claudia Carr & Faryl Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment